Corporate Security Officer-NC
|Position:||Corporate Security Officer-NC|
|Reports To:||Corporate Security Supervisor|
Controls access to the facility, screens visitors and employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the facility. Monitors site for suspicious behavior, unlawful guests, safety hazards, inclement weather. Receives and escalates as required all communication from employees regarding emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Previous Security Experience
- Detail oriented
- Organized in thought & practice
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with visitors & staff at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work under pressure and handle conflicting priorities
- Professional demeanor, mature, collegial and self-motivated
- Must have current or be eligible for a State Security License
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Military/law enforcement experience preferred and may qualify as previous security experience
- Experience with dispatching personnel or emergency communication
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Controls access to the facility
- Screens visitors and employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the facility
- Monitors entrances and exits, prevents unlawful entry, monitors remote entrances via closed circuit TV, and operates remote access devices
- Remains calm under pressure in diffusing or directing a person causing a disturbance to leave the premises
- Patrols assigned site on foot
- Checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress & egress
- Monitors and executes response to environmental alarms, mechanical problems and unauthorized persons
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accident, emergencies and security investigations
- Sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others
- Maintains ability to receive and escalate emergency notifications and requests for assistance from TCH employees who are both on site and while traveling-domestic and internationally
- Prepares logs/reports as required for post
- Documents information using a computer using standard grammar
- Inspects security control logs and takes action as appropriate
- Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity
- Follows procedure to support incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, hazardous materials, inclement weather and other incident conditions
- Works independently as well as part of a team
- Employee is expected to make arrangements to be able to fulfill obligations of position when the office is open during inclement weather events as deemed necessary by Management
Typical Work Schedule:
- Security Officers will work a three day week which includes alternating Wednesdays. The shifts consist of 12 hours to include an optional 1 hour unpaid lunch break.
- Security Officers are also granted a minimum of 2-15 minute rest breaks which cannot be combined with the lunch hour. Breaks must be taken as approved, however generally 1-15 minute break is to be taken during the first 6 hours of a shift and 1-15 minute break is to be taken during the last 6 hours of a shift.
- Shift assignments will be based on department needs as deemed by Security Management.
- There are two shifts currently open:
- Shift 1A – Sunday-Tuesday 7:00am-7:00pm & alternating Wednesdays
- Shift 2B – Thursday-Saturday 7:00pm-7:00am & alternating Wednesdays
- There are two shifts currently open:
- Must be able to complete rounds at designated times, accurately fill out reports and process reporting in a timely manner
- Ensure all key personnel are aware of incidents, potential issues, and are notified of all emergency conditions or employee communication
- Outstanding attendance and punctuality
- Professional presentation (properly uniformed) and professional personal hygiene required
- Courteous and strong communication
- Awareness of surroundings
- Employee must be willing to alter work schedule or remain available for overtime as requested by Security Management to ensure fulfillment of minimum staffing requirements due to call-outs, inclement weather, and vendor escort duties
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Sitting, walking, ability to push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs
- TCH places paramount importance on the health and safety of its employees, particularly as the global COVID-19 pandemic continues and with the latest spread of the highly contagious delta variant in the United States. The county in which TCH operates has been categorized by the CDC as an area of either high or substantial transmission and, as such, we are taking all necessary steps to protect our workforce. Because this position requires that you be in the office and in close contact with colleagues and other third parties, TCH is requiring that all employees in the Security Officer position present proof that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 during their first week of employment.
- TCH is an equal opportunity employer. Employees who are unable to be vaccinated for religious or medical reasons should contact Human Resources as soon as possible to engage in the interactive process and explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations TCH is able to offer.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.