Director of Strategic Initiatives
|Position:||Director of Strategic Initiatives|
|Reports To:||VP, EPMO|
|Location:||New York, NY|
The Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) is a centralized function within the Operations and Technology organization responsible for the management of cross-firm strategic initiatives, governance of select Key Initiatives and strategic planning. Our goal is to be responsive to the needs of the firm as directed by the Executive team, delivering against the firm’s top initiatives and strategic imperatives.
The Director of Strategic Initiatives will report to the VP, EPMO and own the delivery of multiple strategic initiatives while playing a key role in all EPMO functions including select planning and governance responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Minimum 7 years’ experience successfully leading strategic initiatives as a consultant, program/portfolio leader or other similar role delivering complex, enterprise-wide programs in the financial industry
- Minimum 5 years people management
- Deep knowledge of program management principles, controls and KPI’s
- Proven ability to influence all levels of an organization with a track record of thoughtful and effective influence of C-level business and technology leaders
- Collaborative team player with the ability to build relationships across functions and organizations
- Exceptional communication skills
- Deep commitment to resource development
- Knowledge of payments industry systems and products
- Understanding of financial regulatory environment
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Partner with senior leadership in the Technology, Product, Legal and Risk organizations to set and deliver against initiative objectives
- Own the execution of initiatives from program structure to completion; may own independently or lead the efforts of program manager(s) and/or program analyst(s) to plan and execute with quality
- Thoughtfully and critically analyze issues and considerations within initiatives to ensure stakeholders are positioned to make informed decisions
- Ensure materials creatively and effectively drive conversation and ensure visibility of key program considerations
- Drive accountability across all initiative stakeholders to ensure the needs of the firm are met
- Proactively manage and mitigate risks associated with initiative execution and EPMO processes
- Proactively identify and remediate inefficient processes that do not support delivery
- Identify creative and sustainable processes to create and maintain multi-year strategic roadmaps aligned to the firm’s strategic goals
- Manage the growth and development of 1 or more program manager and/or program analyst resources
Physical Demands and Work Environment:Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.