Director, Real Time Payments Development
|Position:||Director, Real Time Payments Development|
The Clearing House has just launched the first new national payments system in over 40 years. The Real-time Payments system (RTP) will allow customers of participating Banks and Credit Unions to send instant payments to any other person or business whose bank participates. The goal of the system is to provide access to instant payments to every financial institution and account holder in the US. To achieve this goal, significant enhancements and expansion of the system will occur over the next 3-5 years in order to support over 10,000 financial institutions.
This position is for a director of development for RTP. This is a “hands on” management role providing both technical and process management leadership. The RTP development team is responsible for development, implementation and support of all applications that support real-time payments processing.
It will involve approximately 60-70% new development and 30-40% production support. The RTP Developer will work closely with TCH Product Management, Operations and Technology Infrastructure departments as well as external clients and vendors to define and implement new features and capabilities.
- Experience managing onshore and offshore development teams.
- Strong Java and Web development experience in a UNIX (Linux and/or AIX) environment using WebSphere and IBM MQ.
- Experience with relational databases such as DB2, Oracle and Sybase.
- Ability to work effectively cross-organizationally and with external clients.
- Attention to detail and ability to drive tasks to completion.
- Proven success delivering complex, mission critical applications.
- Experience managing software development projects from initiation through implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Banking and/or payments experience, especially knowledge of FED, CHIPS or ACH payments is strongly preferred.
- Experience with ISO 20022 payments formats is a plus.
- Knowledge of Erlang is a plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Management, Technology and Operations as well as external clients to create and maintain detailed functional and technical specifications.
- Support the operation of RTP and implement enhancements required by Product teams
- Conduct code reviews, ensure adherence to change management and risk policies.
- Assist in defining and documenting support procedures.
- Assist in training QA and Operations staff in functionality and operation of the system.
- Complete tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism and decorum.
- Demonstrate effective team work.
- Adhere to and support all Tech & Ops and TCH strategic goals.
- Communicate effectively with internal personnel at all levels and with vendors and external clients.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.