Distributed Systems Engineering Specialist
|Position:||Distributed Systems Engineering Specialist|
|Reports To:||VP, Distributed Systems Support|
Senior-level Linux and UNIX Engineer with experience building, supporting and maintaining large scale server infrastructures in 24X7 production environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in Linux and UNIX Server installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and support
- Extensive experience with RHEL 5.x, 6.x, 7.x on x86_64, IBM Power platforms, VMWare
- Strong understanding of AIX 5.x, 6.x, 7.x; in-depth knowledge of LPAR’s, HMC’s and VIO Servers
- Strong understanding of SAN (IBM and EMC), TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP/Active Directory, firewall and backup solutions
- Strong understanding of creating and managing virtual machines on Power and VMware
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including MC Projects, Word Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor and be able to effectively work with other staff within the organization
- Experience with IBM PureApp virtualization platform, IBM Power and VMware
- Experience with VMware virtualization including VLANs, virtual networking etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012
- Knowledge of HP ProLiant DL and BL server families
- Knowledge of Cisco MDS and Brocade switches; knowledge of EMC and IBM disk arrays
- Ability to “think outside the box” in troubleshooting and resolving advanced issues
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Server Operating System - design and implementation of Linux and UNIX Server platforms
- Establish, implement, & maintain standards – devise and maintain server build process, hardening, firmware revisions, driver versions, etc.
- Collaborate with IT Security to implement and maintain RHEL and AIX hardening standards
- Infrastructure Management Tools – help integrate RHEL and AIX servers into existing management tools (monitoring tools, anti-virus, FIM)
- Responsible for security patch validation
- Server Contingency Design & Testing - contribute to TCH DR/BCP efforts
- Comply with TCH Change Control standards
- Test upgrades of all server components - hardware, O/S, drivers, firmware, microcode, patches, etc.
- Server Documentation/Procedural Documentation
- Audit & Compliance - test and implement security settings to ensure server compliance with security and audit requirements; familiarity with industry standards such as PCI, ISO etc. will be plus
- Work with Operations and Architecture teams to maintain current environment and plan future environments
- Available nights and weekends On-Call rotations
- Complete assigned development tasks on time and with high quality
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot issues and provide fixes
- Contribute to development standards and assist with evaluation of others’ work
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.