Paralegal Analyst - Corporate Records
|Position:||Paralegal Analyst - Corporate Records|
|Reports To:||Senior Manager, Corporate Records Management|
The Clearing House, operator of one of the nation's preeminent systemically important payments systems and the nation's oldest banking association, is seeking a paralegal with large document management and research skills. The successful candidate will function as a valued member of the legal team, managing the retention of essential corporate and historical records for The Clearing House Payments L.L.C., assisting in responding to requests for the production of documents related to regulatory and litigation matters, and providing support to senior members of the legal team in connection with legal services provided to all business lines and units of the company.
- Bachelor's degree required. Paralegal certification required, but will consider comparable experience in lieu of certification. "Comparable experience" includes at least 4 years of progressively greater scope of responsibilities or level of decision-making in a paralegal position
- Experience as a paralegal focused on document management related to litigation and regulatory matters in a large corporate legal department or in a law firm.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage the organization and retention of essential corporate records
- Assist legal staff in responding to outside requests for information, including the large scale organization and production of documents in response to regulatory requests for information and litigation discovery
- Review and redact specific information upon request and in accordance with legal guidelines;
- Conduct research in support of legal team, as required
- Work on other projects as assigned.
- Strong mastery of large corporate document management and production issues
- Ability to work independently and make necessary and appropriate decisions within appropriate ethical and legal parameters
- Ability to collaborate and interact professionally with other staff members and external parties
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively organize and present information orally and in written form
- Good project management skills, including establishment of project requirements and scope, developing time frames and deliverables, and managing a project to completion
- Proficiency at the intermediate level in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook calendaring
- Excellent proofreading, writing and editing skills.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.