|Reports To:||SVP Associate General Counsel|
|Location:||New York, NY or Winston-Salem, NC|
Position Summary:The Clearing House Payments Company, LLC (TCH) is a bank owned, industry utility that operates four payment systems: a high value funds transfer system (CHIPS), the country’s first real-time, end to end system (RTP), an automated clearinghouse (EPN), and a check image exchange. TCH also operates related businesses, including a tokenization service (STE), a regional payments association (TCH RPA), and a check image rules organization (ECCHO). Under the direction of senior lawyers this position provides legal support for all aspects of TCH’s payment systems and related business lines.
- NC or NY Licensed attorney (or eligible to be waived into NC or NY bar).
- 2-5 years’ legal experience, with at least 1 year experience practicing in financial services.
- Strong communication, research, and writing skills.
- Mastery of Microsoft Word, Power Point, and LexisNexis.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide legal review for various business documents, such as TCH committee and working group materials, technical project documents, and customer-facing guides.
- Research payments-related topics and provide summaries and analyses in various forms (memos, emails, power point presentations).
- Follow internal business developments, identify potential legal issues related to the developments, and communicate such issues to senior attorneys.
- Provide legal representation on calls with internal and external parties, and for internal company projects.
- Develop knowledge of payment systems, payments law and regulation, and TCH payment system rule sets.
Candidate should be self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented, collegial, willing to take direction and instruction from more senior attorneys, and committed to learning payments law and the payments business. The position would be well-suited to a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who can provide legal support for internal clients in a clear and practical manner. She or he must be able to carry out assigned tasks on time and as instructed and work well both independently and as part of a team.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.