Risk Analytics and Reporting Analyst
|Position:||Risk Analytics and Reporting Analyst|
|Reports To:||VP, Systemic & Liquidity Risk Management (SLRM)|
|Location:||New York, NY|
The Clearing House (TCH) Systemic & Liquidity Risk Management (SLRM) group is responsible for performing simulation stress testing, model risk management, and monitoring of liquidity and systemic risk throughout the Clearing House Interbank Payment System (CHIPS) and Real Time Payments (RTP). The Director of SLRM also is responsible for enterprise risk data architecture, risk reporting, and data governance across the Risk Office, and this position will support that function.
TCH is seeking a Risk Analytics and Reporting Analyst with analytical and modeling expertise to support the SLRM program. The position will primarily support the Systemic and Liquidity Risk Management within the context of CHIPS and RTP. Secondary support will include implementing enterprise risk data architecture, reporting, and data governance across Risk Office. Additional responsibilities will include supporting modeling, building predictive models, model validation, and calibration of model methodology.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Finance/Computational Finance/Data Science or similar major
- 1-2 years of proficient business communication and report writing skills
- 1-2 years of Reporting experience
- 1-2 years of analytical experience, data analysis, and modeling
- Experience with visual analytics tools (Tableau, Cognos, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
- Experience in modeling (R, Python is a plus), including valuation of empirical data and in-depth analytical analysis
- Report building, technical analysis capabilities; Tableau experience is a plus
- Familiarity of Backtesting, Regression and other statistical analysis
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills to detect changes at a macro/micro level or market environment
- Verbal and written communications skills to be able to communicate effectively
- Monitoring of key performance indicators and performing root cause analysis as needed
- Management of relationship database applications
- Proficiency in Excel essential; proficiency in Tableau, Stata, and SQL desirable
- Knowledgeable of regulatory environment, risk framework, policies & standards
- Experience in Machine Learning and open source software (R / Python)
- Understanding of US High Dollar Value Payments (CHIPS) and Real Time Payment (RTP) is highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience of regulatory landscape impacting a SIFMU (i.e. Title VIII Dodd-Frank regulations, Reg.HH)
- Understanding of risk methodologies such as VaR, NSFR, LCR, etc.
- Understanding of Liquidity and Systemic Risk
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist in risk simulation modeling, predictive modeling
- Produce and validate Risk Office and Regulatory reports with the use of technical tools such as Tableau, Cognos, SQL, VBA, Excel, and Access
- Assist in developing and maintaining high-quality risk reports and executive dashboards across Risk Office
- Assist in implementing and managing data controls and data governance
- Strengthen data integrity, accuracy, and consistency of reporting analysis
- Apply quantitative skills and data aggregation methods to analyze large amounts of unstructured data
- Review stress testing process including but not limited to the scenarios that are chosen for the stress tests, assumptions made that are part of and outside the Front Line Unit’s processes. Perform independent analysis on the assumptions to ensure independent viewpoint and effective challenge(s).
- Perform Model Validation in accordance with Model Risk Management best practices and conceptual soundness
- Perform regular monitoring and reporting functions of key system drivers
- Keep abreast of emerging regulatory requirements and provide guidance on the impact of these regulations on the company’s liquidity risk management program
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.