Real-time Payments Developer
|Position:||Real-time Payments Developer|
|Reports To:||Director - Real-time Payments Technology|
The Clearing House has just launched the first new national payments system in over 40 years. The Real-time Payments system (RTP) will allow customers of participating Banks and Credit Unions to send instant payments to any other person or business whose bank participates. The goal of the system is to ultimately provide access to instant payments to every financial institution and account holder in the US. To achieve this goal, significant enhancements and expansion of the system will occur over the next 3-5 years in order to support over 10,000 financial institutions.
This position is for a senior Java developer. It will involve approximately 60-70% new development and 30-40% production support. The RTP Developer will work closely with TCH Product Management, Operations and Technology Infrastructure departments as well as external clients and vendors to define and implement new features and capabilities.
- Strong Java and Web development experience in a UNIX environment using WebSphere and IBM MQ.
- UNIX Shell scripting.
- Experience with relational databases such as DB2, Oracle Sybase.
- Ability to write SQL queries and stored procedures
- Ability to work effectively cross-organizationally and with external clients.
- Attention to detail and ability to drive tasks to completion.
- 4+ years’ experience as a Developer with significant experience on large, complex, mission critical projects.
- Strong knowledge of software development SDLCs and PLCs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Banking and/or payments experience, especially knowledge of FED and/or CHIPS payments and settlement is strongly preferred.
- Experience with ISO 20022 payments formats is a plus.
- Experience developing and supporting large, mission critical applications.
- Knowledge of Erlang is a plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Management, Technology and Operations as well as external clients to create and maintain detailed functional and technical specifications.
- Conduct code and architecture reviews of existing and new functionality.
- Complete tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Support the operation of RTP and implement new enhancements.
- Assist in defining and documenting support procedures.
- Assist in training QA and Operations staff in functionality and operation of the system.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to work extended hours on a computer.
- Occasional travel between NY and NC offices and possibly vendor or Client sites.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.