RTP Senior Business Analyst
|Position:||RTP Senior Business Analyst|
|Reports To:||VP, Product Development|
|Location:||New York, NY|
Position will provide input to and assist in the ongoing development projects that will drive the success of RTP. This position will be responsible for documenting detailed functional and technical requirements, system documentation and user guides. S/he will also ensure that the resulting system meets all requirements by assisting in the development of test cases and scripts and performing UAT. S/he will become a key subject matter expert on the functionality and operation of the system and assist in educating both internal and external users during the early stages of implementation. Based on availability, position may also assist with other TCH product development efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in financial services, payments, or technology company in a Business Analyst or product management related role;
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Power Point;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate to both a technical and non-technical audience;
- Strategic Thinking – ability to evaluate a business problem, identify multiple functional solutions, present a cost/benefit analysis of each potential solution, and make a recommendation based on analysis;
- Presentation skills – ability to explain complex, detailed topics to senior management, when necessary to progress on a single development path; and
- Ability to work both individually and as a part of a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, engineering, computer science, math, or other analysis-heavy field;
- Experience with payment products, operations, and technology;
- Two to three years relevant experience in product management or product development;
- Some experience with quality control or user acceptance testing;
- Experience documenting product requirements/specifications and operational processes;
- Experience working with ISO 20022 payment standards, or detailed experience working with ISO 8583 or other financial messaging standard; and
- Direct experience with implementation of RTP at a financial institution or third-party service provider.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Conducts research on product enhancements and new product offerings;
- Assists in prioritizing roadmap initiatives by understanding how requested features fit into the overall RTP platform and environment and logically grouping development activities into future releases;
- Develops and reviews business and functional requirements that are used to guide development of key functionality for the RTP platform;
- Develops and reviews business and functional requirements for applications that support the RTP system;
- Writes and maintains data conversion scripts related to RTP messaging;
- Participates in UAT testing of RTP functionality;
- Participates in development and maintenance of RTP message specifications;
- Provides documentation and training for key internal and external stakeholders related to RTP roadmap functionality;
- Communicates verbally and in written form with other technical staff internally and externally to explain business requirements and identify possible functional solutions; and,
- Serves as subject matter expert to other support areas of the business including business development, relationship management, training, operations, and technology staff.
- Timely and accurate completion of deliverables; and
- Adherence to management instruction and performance expectations including essential functions and success factors as described above.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Up to 25% travel
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.