Senior Architect Lead - Cloud Architect
|Position:||Senior Architect Lead - Cloud Architect|
|Reports To:||Chief Architect|
|Location:||Dallas TX, New York, NY, Winston-Salem, NC, or Remote|
Position Summary:The Cloud Architect is responsible for providing hands-on technical leadership in support of TCH’s initiatives in cloud computing, with a focus on the design of systems and services that run on cloud platforms. The Cloud Architect reports into the Enterprise Architecture organization but may also be embedded into the Cloud-DevOps effort to provide architectural leadership and best practices guidance. Additionally, the Cloud Architect will be responsible for ensuring that critical applications are designed and optimized for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study
- One or more applicable technical certifications related to cloud technologies (e.g., AWS Cloud Solutions Architect, etc.)
- 5 + years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- Experience with AWS enterprise implementations
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies
- Experience designing architectures based on containers leveraging a leading orchestration platform
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the various phases of project initiatives providing technical expertise regarding architectural design and overall solution design
- Produce project technical artifacts as required to fully document solution designs
- Review architectures and designs to ensure alignment with TCH standards
- Collaborate with other TCH technical groups such as Information Security, Operations, etc. to ensure architectures and designs meet applicable standards
- Cloud Architecture and Design and Development (50%)
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Demonstrate knowledge of DevOps tool chains and processes
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for TCH cloud end-to-end architecture, including AWS and future providers, networking, provisioning, and management
- Develop a library of deployable and documented cloud design patterns, based on the TCH application portfolio
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the “why,” and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each resulting in a well-informed recommendation
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, etc.
- Contribute to DevOps development activities and complex development tasks as required
- Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications
- Consultation (20%)
- Drive scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment under both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Ensure delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional/non-functional requirements
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provisioning of a workaround when appropriate
- Ensure delivered solutions are realized as per commitments
- Work in conjunction with project team to size and manage scope and risk
- Thought Leadership (20%)
- Provide thought leadership to fellow team members across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business problems
- Demonstrate forward thinking around where the organization is going and how technology can support these efforts
- Advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems
- Mentoring (10%)
- Act as a coach and mentor to team members and technical staff on their assigned project tasks
- Perform as part of a cohesive team and ensure their continued success
- Materially contribute to the definition and development of the cloud reference architecture and management systems
- Conduct product work reviews with team members to drive quality deliverables
- Cloud Architecture and Design and Development (50%)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Remote work available in limited areas.
TCH places paramount importance on the health and safety of its employees, and, as such, we are taking all necessary steps to protect our workforce. Because this position may require business travel and/or working in close contact with colleagues and other third parties, TCH is requiring that the employee hired into this role present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during their first week of employment.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.