Senior Distributed Systems Development Specialist
|Position:||Senior Distributed Systems Development Specialist|
|Reports To:||Vice President - Distributed Systems Development|
|Location:||New York, NY or Winston-Salem, NC|
To develop assigned software project work on-schedule, with quality, in accordance with TCH standards and meets all requirements. To develop product maintenance assignments on-schedule, with quality, in accordance with TCH standards and meets al requirements. To provide 3rd level software support that is performed quickly and reliably. To work directly with and assist with the management of outsourcing vendor relationships, ensuring quality deliverables that are completed on time and in accordance with TCH standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of experience in web/ windows programming
- Experience with the development of web sites, Web Services, Windows Services and Console applications, utilizing Microsoft Visual Studio 2013.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including MC Projects, Word Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor and be able to effectively work with other staff within the organization
- Experience with SQL Server and stored procedures
- Ability to problem solve and recommend solutions
- Build effective business networks within the departments supported by the Distributed Systems Development Specialist
- Helpful to have knowledge of Automated Clearing House (ACH) processing
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop assigned software projects as determined by the Strategy Committee.
- Develop assigned product maintenance releases in accordance with prioritize lists of enhancements and defects.
- Assist in the architecture, design and prototyping of TCH application systems
- Work with and assist in the management of outsourcing and other technology vendors.
- Assist in estimating work effort for projected development initiatives.
- Assist in peer-reviews of software deliverable to ensure they meet TCH standards.
- Provide SME technology support that addresses production incidents in a timely manner.
- Participate in technology strategy and planning initiatives.
- Provide 3rd party application support.
- Provide testing and implementation support
- Provide SME Technology Level 3 support to TCH customers
- Provide SME support 7X24
- Proficiency in the technology platforms used at TCH
- Resourceful when working independently
- Respectful of others when working collaboratively
- Easily adapt to new technology and design patterns
- Communication of progress and issues in a timely manner
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is generally sedentary in nature. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.