Specialist, Desktop Systems Engineer
|Position:||Specialist, Desktop Systems Engineer|
|Reports To:||Director, Desktop Support|
|Location:||New York, NY|
This role is responsible for supporting the TCH Executive Team and in-house and remote company employees on all matters pertaining to technical solutions. This individual will troubleshoot and follow up on end user issues via phone, email and in person. They will also be responsible for the day to-day maintenance of administrative systems including PCs/laptops, printer, mobile devices and, and remote support
- MCTS: Windows 7, Windows 10 or relevant training
- Knowledge and troubleshooting experience in supporting Microsoft Office 2007/2010
- Minimum experience two years of senior level service desk support with 4+ years overall experience in user support.
- Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp Administration and Support experience.
- Office 365 Administration and Support.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Processes requests regarding technology hardware or software usage and network account and file server needs from various sources (e.g. e-mail, telephone, in-person or a ticketing system) for the purpose of providing immediate solutions and/or referring issues to technicians or other available technology resources as necessary.
- Build and support PCs/laptops/peripherals - installation, configuration and delivery of workstation and laptop devices following corporate standards for security consistency
- Knowledge of: Administer Exchange servers, Active Directory servers including DNS and DHCP
- Security Mail-Gateway administration experience.
- Maintain the TCH wireless phones - iPhones and iPads. Knowledge of Mobile-Iron MDM is a plus
- Coordinates timely repair of printer equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Administer internal phone conferencing
- WebEx Support.
- SCCM Administration Knowledge
- WSUS Administration Knowledge
- Develop and Maintain system documentation, administrative and user guides
- Test and Deploy new applications as well as system patches and updates
- Assist in maintain inventories for hardware and software
- Research questions and problems using available information resources
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues
- Create, manage and update system images
- Performs research and continued effort towards education in the area of new technology for the purpose of making recommendations for equipment and software program purchases and upgrades.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing, walking and lifting up to 50lbs. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Travel between offices may be required.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.