VP, Common Services Development
|Position:||VP, Common Services Development|
|Reports To:||SVP, Application Development|
|Location:||New York, NY|
The Clearing House (TCH) is a payments company transacting nearly $2 trillion (USD) in digital payments every day. As the only private operator of core payment systems for the US, TCH is modernizing our technology. This includes launching the RTP® network, a new, real-time payments system, as well as modernizing our existing platforms for high value payments and ACH. As part of our modernization efforts, we are evaluating new technology platforms for innovation while ensuring the safety and soundness of the US financial system. Balancing resiliency and reliability with innovation is a key goal for our technology team.
We are currently seeking a talented, self-motivated individual to build and lead our common services development team. The common services team is responsible for developing and maintaining common components and services for all of our applications. This team will be central to our ongoing modernization effort, working closely with application development groups and architects to ensure adherence to our reference architecture and enforce common component development and re-use across the organization.
This is a hands-on management role providing both technical and process management leadership. In addition to developing common services, the successful candidate will also lead the development teams in modernizing our “Dev/Ops” practices and tools, ensuring consistency and best practices across all development groups and platforms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a geographically disbursed team with resources in our NY, North Carolina and Dallas, Texas offices.
- At least 5 years’ experience developing high value and/or real-time payments systems
- Experience managing geographically disbursed resources
- Strong Java and Web development experience in a UNIX (Linux and/or AIX) environment using WebSphere and IBM MQ
- Experience with relational databases such as DB2, Oracle and Sybase
- Ability to work effectively cross-organizationally
- Attention to detail and ability to drive tasks to completion
- Proven success delivering complex, mission critical applications
- Experience managing software development projects from initiation through implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of best practices and experience implementing or improving “Dev/Ops” capabilities
- Experience developing systems for FED, CHIPS and ACH payments is strongly preferred
- Experience with ISO 20022 payments formats is a plus
- Knowledge of functional languages such as Erlang or Scala is a plus
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with Architects, Development teams, Information Security, Infrastructure and Operations to develop requirements for common services and create and maintain detailed functional and technical specifications and user guides
- Support the operation of the common components and services the team is responsible for
- Conduct code reviews, ensure adherence to change management and risk policies
- Assist in defining and documenting support procedures
- Assist in training Development, QA and Operations staff in functionality and operation of the systems
- Participate in Technology strategy and planning initiatives
- Adhere to and enforce all TCH Development, Risk, IS and Operational strategies and policies
- Effectively plan and manage resources to deliver projects on time
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism and decorum
- Demonstrate effective team work
- Communicate effectively with internal personnel at all levels and with vendors and external clients
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to work extended hours on a computer
- Occasional travel between NY, NC and TX offices and possibly vendor or client sites
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.