Payments Training Specialist
|Position:||Payments Training Specialist|
|Reports To:||Manager of Payments Outreach and Training|
The Payments Training Specialist leverages his/her knowledge of the various payment channels used in the United States to support the financial institution members and corporate subscribers that belong to TCHPA. In addition to providing ad hoc member service and support, the Payments Systems Specialist will serve as a SME responsible for the development and delivery of education and other member benefits (i.e. Documents on Demand resources). Specialist will have responsibility for prepping live session recordings for playback and set-up on the TCHPA website for on-demand ordering by members.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong presentation skills required.
- 2 – 5 years of business or FI operations experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Attain the Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) certification within 2 years of employment
- Solid knowledge of the ACH payments system
- Knowledge of other payment systems including wire, check and credit/debit cards
- APRP and NCP certification within 3 years of employment (CTP certification helpful)
- Self-motivated and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong detail oriented, organized, and analytical skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Presenter experience using WebEx, GoToMeetings or similar webinar program necessary. Website administration a plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of payments education programming for our members
- Identify opportunities to improve our clients’ payments and risk management operation
- Analyze data, finalize and deliver professionally written reports within specified requirements
- Represent the company with a professional appearance and conduct
- Participate in the review and modification of tools and resources used to complete our work
- Participate in internal/external education to ensure expertise and consistency of performance
- Stay current on rules and regulations for the various payment systems
- Work with the team to identify, develop and deliver payments-related education for our members, subscribers and prospects
- Manage travel arrangements and related expenses
- Travel required at times, by car or plane, multiple days a week
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Travel is required.
TCH places paramount importance on the health and safety of its employees, and, as such, we are taking all necessary steps to protect our workforce. Because this position may require working in close contact with colleagues and other third parties, TCH is requiring that the employee hired into this role present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during their first week of employment.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.