SVP, Platform Engineering
|Position:||SVP, Platform Engineering|
|Reports To:||SVP, Systems Development|
|Location:||Dallas TX or Winston-Salem, NC|
Position Summary:The Clearing House (TCH) is the only private-sector operator of core payments systems (ACH and Wires) in the United States. We clear and settle nearly $2 trillion in U.S. dollar payments each day, representing half of all commercial ACH and Wire volume. Most recently, The Clearing House launched RTP®, a real-time payment network for all U.S. banks. TCH is continually updating and modernizing our products and technology while ensuring the safety and soundness of the US financial system. Balancing resiliency and reliability with innovation is a key goal for our technology team.
We are currently seeking a talented, self-motivated individual to build and lead our Platform Engineering team. The Platform Engineering team is central to our ongoing modernization efforts, working closely with application development teams and architects to ensure adherence to our reference architecture and technology strategy. The team supports product development by providing specialized software engineering services, developing common components, and leading the development organization in implementation of new technologies and cloud-based applications. The successful candidate will provide both technical and management leadership. In addition to delivering common components and services, they will also lead the product development teams in modernizing our “Dev/Ops” practices and tools, ensuring consistency and best practices across all development groups and platforms. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a geographically disbursed team with resources in our NY, NC, and TX offices.
- At least 10 years’ experience delivering complex mission critical systems, preferably in financial services or electronic payments
- Experience developing cloud-based applications and/or migrating applications to the cloud
- Experience managing geographically disbursed teams
- Strong Java and Web development experience in a UNIX (Linux and/or AIX) environment
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Ability to work effectively cross-organizationally
- Attention to detail and ability to drive tasks to completion
- Experience managing software development projects from initiation through implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of best practices and experience implementing or improving “Dev/Ops” capabilities
- Experience with money transfer or other electronic payments (e.g., debit/credit card transactions)
- Experience with ISO 20022 payments formats
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with Architects, Development teams, Information Security, Infrastructure and Operations to develop requirements for common services
- Work closely with the Innovation team on Proof of Concepts and in transitioning applications and technology from PoC to production
- Support migration of on-premises applications to the cloud and specifically to AWS
- Ensure adherence to all development, change management and risk policies and SDLC requirements
- Participate in Technology Strategy and planning initiatives
- Adhere to and enforce all TCH Development, Risk, IS and Operational strategies and policies
- Effectively plan and manage resources to deliver projects on time
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism and decorum
- Demonstrate effective teamwork
- Communicate effectively with internal personnel at all levels and with vendors and external clients
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Occasional travel between NY, NC and TX offices and vendor or client sites.
TCH places paramount importance on the health and safety of its employees, and, as such, we are taking all necessary steps to protect our workforce. Because this position may require business travel and/or working in close contact with colleagues and other third parties, TCH is requiring that the employee hired into this role present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during their first week of employment.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.