Security Guard - NC
|Position:||Security Guard - NC|
|Reports To:||Corporate Security Specialist|
Controls access to the facility, screens visitors and employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the facility. Monitors site for suspicious behavior, unlawful guests, safety hazards,and inclement weather.
- Detail oriented
- Organized in thought & practice
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work effectively with visitors & staff at all levels within the organization
- Ability to work under pressure and handle conflicting priorities
- Collegial and self-motivated.
- Must have current or be eligible for a State Security License
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Military/law enforcement experience preferred
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Controls access to the facility
- Screens visitors and employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the facility
- Monitors entrances and exits and prevents unlawful entry
- Monitors remote entrances via closed circuit TV and operates remove access devices
- Remains calm under pressure in diffusing or directing a person(s) causing a disturbance to leave the premises
- Patrols assigned site on foot
- Checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress & egress, mechanical problems and unauthorized persons
- Inspects building and grounds
- Protects evidence or scene of incident in event of accident, emergencies and security investigations, sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others
- Prepares logs/reports as required for post, documents information using a computer using standard grammar, inspects security control logs and takes action as appropriate, observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity
- Follows procedure to support incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, hazardous materials, inclement weather and other incident & conditions
- Works independently as well as part of a team
Performance Standards:Must be able to complete rounds at designated times, accurately fill out reports and process reporting in a timely manner, ensure all key personnel are aware of incidents and potential issues, outstanding attendance and punctuality, presentation (properly uniformed), courteous and strong communication, awareness of surroundings.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Core Work Hours: Night Shift 7 pm– 7 am on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with alternating Wednesdays. Day Shift 7am-7pm on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with alternating Wednesdays.
Physical demands and work environment: Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Travel may be required.
TCH places paramount importance on the health and safety of its employees, and, as such, we are taking all necessary steps to protect our workforce. Because this position may require working in close contact with colleagues and other third parties, TCH is requiring that the employee hired into this role present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during their first week of employment.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.