Customer Service Representative
|Position:||Customer Service Representative|
|Reports To:||Director, Customer Service|
|Location:||New York, NY or Winston-Salem, NC|
The Customer Service Representative will achieve Customer Service Department goals and results by using best practice customer service skills and adherence to organizational procedures, policies and systems. Addresses customer issues and ensures effective problem resolution.
Candidate should be self-motivated, extremely well-organized and detail-oriented, able to function under pressure and handle numerous tasks simultaneously. The position would be well-suited to a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is meticulous. S/he must be able to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently, as well as part of a team.
Note: TCH is hiring for 2 vacancies to work in either Winston-Salem, NC or New York, NY. These roles require working a set schedule that ensures 24/7 coverage for TCH customers. Overtime and weekend hours may be required.
- Associates degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in banking or payments systems customer service environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented and fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills, management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain customer confidentiality
- Continually demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy with customers
- Must be able to clearly convey information
- Actively listen to customers for fact gathering to ensure a fast and correct response to their issue
- Excellent verbal and written skills, bilingual skills highly desired
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for listening to customer needs, offering the right solutions, addressing questions/objections & resolving and or escalating issues quickly
- Responsible for following and adhering to all operational and security policies and procedures, including compliance, privacy policies and procedures to maintain customer confidentiality and information protection
- Maintain a professional, confidential and courteous manner while representing TCH
- Must be able to manage and organize multiple priorities while meeting company and customer expectations
- Maintain in-depth working knowledge of TCH systems and processes
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
TCH places paramount importance on the health and safety of its employees, and, as such, we are taking all necessary steps to protect our workforce. Because this position requires working onsite and/or working in close contact with colleagues and other third parties, TCH is requiring that the employee(s) hired into this role present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during their first week of employment.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.