|Reports To:||VP, Platform Engineering|
|Location:||Dallas TX, New York, NY, Winston-Salem, NC, or Remote|
Position Summary:The Director of Engineering-IXB is a hands-on, director-level, management position leading a team of developers building and supporting common business services used by all TCH products. This Director will be involved in building and developing the IXB (Immediate Cross Border) product and managing teams working in AWS. IXB is a new solution that integrates two separate Real-Time Payment systems (RPT in the US and RT1 in Europe). The Director will be responsible for managing the application development of the Agile teams and working with the two real-time payment systems to ensure that transactions can flow between the two mission-critical applications.
- Experience developing highly secure applications, transaction processing systems
- Ability to effectively manage projects and developers using Scrum based development
- Understanding of Cloud and On-Premise application architectures and design patterns
- Experience developing mission-critical transaction processing systems especially in financial market
- Experience working with XML schemas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience mentoring and working with other team members in an Agile environment
- Experience working with a Secure-SDLC and implementing check points and processes for building and deploying code within that regulated environment
- Experience developing and supporting large, mission critical transaction processing applications
- Experience with payment systems, networks and protocols (i.e. Fedwire, CHIPS, SWIFT, ISO2022, ACH etc.)
- Experience working in a highly regulated financial services environment and understanding of advanced security concepts
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with Architects, Development teams, Information Security, Infrastructure and Operations to develop requirements for common services and create and work with the team to maintain detailed functional and technical specifications and user guides
- Ensure Common Services acts like a product with regular updates and a focus on the customer
- Support the operation of the common components and services for which the team is responsible
- Ensure adherence to change management and risk policies
- Continue to drive modern enterprise application development with a focus on the cloud
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Occasional travel between NY, NC and TX offices may be required. Remote work opportunity is available in limited areas.
TCH places paramount importance on the health and safety of its employees, and, as such, we are taking all necessary steps to protect our workforce. Because this position may require business travel and/or working in close contact with colleagues and other third parties, TCH is requiring that the employee hired into this role present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during their first week of employment.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.