Director of Payment Services, CHIPS and SVPCO
|Position:||Director of Payment Services, CHIPS and SVPCO|
|Reports To:||VP Product Management & Strategy|
|Location:||New York, NY|
Position Summary:This role supports the CHIPS/SVPCO Product Management Team. CHIPS is the largest private sector USD clearing platform in the world, settling an average of $1.4 trillion in wire transfer activity daily. SVPCO is a leading provider of check image exchange and related services supporting retail payments. The role is primarily analytical in nature, crosses a broad spectrum of responsibilities in business and project management, and works closely across technology, operations, risk and legal departments to ensure proper execution of the CHIPS/SVPCO product offerings. The role also helps ensure CHIPS and SVPCO remain viable via strong product disciplines, documented processes, analysis of business and market conditions, interviews with participants, support of customer relations, and enhancements to product features and functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (or comparable specific work experience)
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of product management experience in the financial industries including High Value, Cross Border Money Transfer Payments and Check Image related fields
- Good project management skills and understanding of the payment industry
- Good communication skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good teamwork skills
- Good research and analysis skills
- Good time management skills
- Good problem management skills
- Able to work in a cross-functional work environment
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- TCH department activities as pertains to CHIPS and Check Image (SVPCO)
- Represent CHIPS and SVPCO Product Management at Bank Relationship and other client facing meetings
- Assist in the preparation of and develop supporting materials for Quarterly CHIPS and SVPCO Business Committee meetings
- Perform Monthly, Quarterly, Annual CHIPS and SVPCO Product Assessments
- Retrieve and analyze CHIPS and SVPCO related data in support of product assessments and ad hoc circumstances
- Develop business requirements for new product enhancements
- Develop and maintain product documentation, policies and procedures to ensure current
- Monitor and report to CHIPS Product Management Team on daily CHIPS Performance Indicators regarding the health of CHIPS Production (SVPCO as it applies)
- Be thoroughly familiar with CHIPS, Fedwire and SWIFT and related MT and ISO 20022 Messaging formats
- Be thoroughly familiar with Check Image processing flows
- Lead project meetings and or represent CHIPS and or SVPCO Product at project meetings
- Experience creating and providing comment on project life cycle process documentation including Project Scope, Business Requirements, Functional and Technical Specifications, Communications Plans, etc.
- Represent CHIPS and or SVPCO Product with client inquiries
- Provide customer and internal TCH training for CHIPS and SVPCO products, including new enhancements
- Keep up to date with Risk related metrics and Risk department reporting responsibilities.
- Work effectively in a highly technical and secure business environment
- Prioritize work efforts in consideration of the CHIPS and SVPCO strategic direction
- Keeping current with CHIPS and SVPCO Product Project Portfolios
- Work closely with TCH Customer Relationship Management in support of CHIPS and SVPCO Customer Relationship visits
- Work closely with TCH Product Team, TCH IT Development, TCH QA, TCH Operations, TCH Risk Management, TCH Communications Team, TCH Legal and TCH Administrative Team in support of CHIPS day to day support activities (and SVPCO as it applies)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.