Engineer, Real-Time Payments
|Position:||Engineer, Real-Time Payments|
|Reports To:||Director, Real-Time Payments Technology|
|Location:||Dallas TX, New York, NY, or Winston-Salem, NC|
Position Summary:This position is for an Engineer, RTP Application Development. This is a highly technical hands-on position, enhancing and supporting the system. The Engineer role at TCH is reserved for senior technologists with exceptional skills in a wide array of technologies.
- Experience developing and supporting large, high-performance, mission-critical transaction processing applications
- Experience working with XML and JSON documents
- Experience mentoring and working with other team members in an Agile environment
- Experience working in a regulated environment with a Secure-SDLC and implementing checkpoints and processes for building and deploying code within that regulated environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with payment standards and systems - ISO20022, Swift MX/MT, RTGS, Fedwire, CHIPS, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud development and technologies (especially AWS) and CI/CD Technologies
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with Architects, Information Security, Infrastructure and Operations to make changes to the RTP system; debug problems and suggest changes to improve performance and functionality
- Work with the team to maintain detailed functional and technical specifications and user guides
- Support the operation of the RTP’s growth in volume and requirement changes
- Ensure adherence to change management and risk policies
- Become a subject matter expert on the system and act as mentor for the rest of the development team
- Lead the design and development of system enhancements as well as perform level 3/4 production support, troubleshooting and correcting problems and issues
- Multitask across equally high-priority items
- Recommend and implement changes to improve performance and scalability
- Work closely with vendors
- Quickly gain an understanding to how the RTP system works in detail
- Complete tasks and projects in a timely manner
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism, decorum, and effective team work
- Adhere to and support all Operations and Technology goals and TCH strategic goals
- Communicate effectively with internal personnel at all levels and with vendors and external clients
Physical Demands and Work Environment:Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Occasional travel between NY, NC and TX offices may be required.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.