|Reports To:||VP, Payment Innovation|
|Location:||New York, NY, Winston-Salem, NC, or Dallas TX|
The Clearing House is looking for an Innovation Designer to join our growing organization. The Innovation Designer will report to the Vice President of Product Innovation and be part of a team who works both cross product and cross industry to help develop innovative concepts and services that are needed to enable financial institutions and their customers to succeed.
The ideal candidate will have a background in design thinking with a focus on visual, product and process design. They will have spent time as part of a team developing new products or concepts with strong storytelling and writing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in a product development/design role with a solid understanding and proven execution of the design thinking process
- Visual Design experience and familiarity with design tools (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Product Design experience
- Strong Writing and Storytelling skills
- Process Design and Facilitation
- Design Prototyping Experience and familiarity with prototyping tools (e.g. invision, marvel)
- Service Design experience
- Design Research (incl. ethnography)
- Product Development (incl. lean and technology)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Apply design thinking from design research all the way through to prototyping and testing for new ideas
- Work with the organization to develop innovation capabilities and refine the innovation process
- Engage in the development of innovation strategy both internally within The Clearing House and with our customers
- Create visual artefacts of the findings, insights, and prototypes through the project lifespan
- Support service design and innovation strategy
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.