Mainframe Support Specialist
|Position:||Mainframe Support Specialist|
|Reports To:||Director Mainframe Support|
Support current and implement new ClearPath MCP Software Series in a virtualized environment, such as VMWare, to maintain maximum performance and reliability.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Mathematics, or a combination of equivalent education and experience in Systems Programming and Integration.
- Knowledge and ability to effectively program utilizing ALGOL,COBOL or other equivalent high-level mainframe computer programming languages.
- Knowledge of systems tuning techniques such as messaging, queuing, database organization and disk i/o, both physical and logical.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, users, and all management levels.
- Experience in ClearPath MCP Software Series:
- OPS console
- System PCD editor
Knowledge of Unisys mainframe operating environment and utilities including:
- ClearPath MCP Software Series
- MCP based disk MIRRORING
- Pay for use model and MIPS tracking
- Knowledge of Unisys MCP operating system and system software
- Filing incidents with Unisys and providing supporting files
- Ability to read program dumps
- Familiar with obtaining full system dumps saving , analyzing and providing to Unisys
- Extensive knowledge of use of LOGANALYZER and extensive knowledge of all log entry types found in SUMLOG
Knowledge of Unisys software compilation and patching process including:
- Obtaining and installing Interim Corrections for MCP
- Obtaining and installing Interim Corrections for system software
- Compiling system software with local patches
- Experience with Java and Unisys Java implementation
- Unisys ALGOL programming experience
Unisys networking knowledge including:
- TCPIP routing and addressing
- ClearPath MCP Software Series network Host initialization files
- NX/NET as used in ClearPath MCP Software Series environment
- Win RPC
- Storage and SAN setup and configuration skills (in particular EMC storage products and Cisco SAN switches) using ClearPath MCP Software Series System Editor for the PCD and OCManager on the OPS Console, EMC Unisphere for the EMC Vmax and Cisco Fabric manager and command line for SAN zoning.
- Intermediate knowledge of integration of EMC VMWare, Microsoft Windows Server OS and Unisys ClearPath MCP Software Series
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs highly technical software programming related to both systems software and applications software projects. Software projects encompass the complete software life cycle from design through implementation
- Installs and configures ClearPath MCP Software Series and attached ClearPath MCP Software Series devices for network connectivity to all necessary internal and external remote hosts.
- Installs and configures SAN, both disk and switches, for necessary connectivity to mainframe systems.
- Coordinates activities with other departments within the information systems division, users and vendors of system software.
- Serves as an internal consultant to systems development staff for information on components of the operating system including file management routines, system performance analysis and software enhancements.
- Develops utility software to perform systems or applications related special functions.
- Programs and supports mainframe related PC server and desktop scripting.
- Supports PC server and desktop configuration of applications that interface with mainframes.
- Maintain production system uptime goals
- Implement new software and hardware with no production impact
- Complete assigned projects on time.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Normal office environment with extensive use of desktop/laptop PC.
- Occasionally assist in installation and cabling of system components.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.