|Reports To:||Facilities Lead|
Position Summary:Candidate should be mature, self-motivated, detailed –oriented. S/he must be able to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently, as well as part of a team. Candidate should be able to handle cleaning duties of the office building and keep the external premise clean and orderly. Must be able to work requested shift and handle responsibilities in a timely manner. Maintain grounds and common areas to ensure they are operational, safe and clean for employees. Disassemble damaged and broken equipment so that it can be more easily repaired, then reassemble pieces after repair work has been successfully completed. Receive deliveries of equipment and supplies and transfer them to work stations or other areas as dictated by management. Must have the ability to use, handle, and identify tools to actively work on maintenance or repairs. Receive work orders and determine what parts, equipment and services are needed to perform necessary maintenance and repair work.
- Mature, collegial, self-motivated, exceptional attention to detail and extremely well organized
- Ability to work in team environment
- Able to function under pressure with changing priorities
- Thrives in fast paced environment
- Availability to work weekends and during inclement weather
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 4 – 5 years’ experience in porter/craft/building maintenance work
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, push pull and/or lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Possess interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with customers, co-workers and staff on every level of the organization.
- Problem solving and decision making
- Knowledge of OSHA safety procedures and regulations
- Valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Meticulous work habits
- Must be able to use general, power hand tools and be able to apply into service.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, schematics and equipment manuals.
- Ability to work in safe and efficient manner.
- May require the ability to operate a computer.
- Excellent mechanical skills
- Perform minor electrical repairs such as replacing bulbs, light sockets and switches.
- Install weather stripping, interior and exterior trim and finish hardware.
- Ability to provide assistance to more skilled workers performing installation, adjustment, maintenance, parts replacement, and repairs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:Perform a wide variety of cleaning tasks including but not limited to dusting, vacuuming, dust mopping, spot cleaning, trash collection and removal, glass cleaning, restroom cleaning, keeping supplies stocked, maintaining equipment as assigned in a neat and orderly fashion, performing maintenance as needed. Light trouble shooting abilities for a variety of different types of machinery and equipment like electricity, plumbing. Assists in lifting, positioning and fastening objects such as wiring and conduit. Perform minor electrical repairs such as replacing bulbs, light sockets and switches. Maintain tools and equipment and keeps supplies and parts in order. Cleans work area, tools, machines and equipment. Ability to perform other general building maintenance as assigned.
Meticulous, consistent cleaning detail, completing cleaning rounds during shift period, appropriately uniformed, awareness of surroundings and safety issues as they apply to the facility, keeping stock organized and fulfilled.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Sitting, standing, walking, driving, climbing ladders, squatting/kneeling, reaching, grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting/carrying up to 50lbs. multiple times per shift, fingering, talking hearing, and seeing.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.