RTP Senior Developer/Support Engineer
|Position:||RTP Senior Developer/Support Engineer|
|Reports To:||Director, Real-time Payments Technology|
|Location:||Dallas TX, New York, NY, Remote, or Winston-Salem, NC|
Position Summary:This position is for a Senior Developer/Support Engineer for RTP and associated applications. The successful candidate will be responsible for design and coding of new applications as well as enhancing and maintaining existing applications. Candidate will also help identify and resolve production issues. Candidates should be self-motivated, well-organized and detail oriented. The position is well-suited to a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment. S/he must be able to take initiative, prioritize tasks with minimal supervision and work independently, as well as part of a team. The successful candidate will work closely with other teams within Technology and Operations, Product Management as well as external clients and vendors to support existing RTP products and implement new features and capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or education/training in an IT related field
- 8+ years of IT experience in analysis, design, development, documentation, implementing and testing of software systems in Java, Spring, J2EE App server (preferably WebSphere)
- 3+ years’ experience with Unix or Red Hat Linux
- Experience in supporting complex transactional systems
- Strong working knowledge of UNIX/LINUX commands and shell scripting
- Strong Knowledge on Application Development using Software Development Life Cycle SDLC using various methodologies like Agile/Scrum
- Sound RDBMS concepts and SQL skills (e.g., for troubleshooting)
- Experience in CI/CD pipeline software such as TFS, Git, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and self-starter
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Must be detail oriented and organized in both thought and practice
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and handle conflicting priorities
- Must be a strong team player
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with AIX Servers in an enterprise environment
- Experience with money transfer systems
- Experience with payment message standards (e.g., ISO20022, SEPA, SWIFT, Fedwire, RTGS, etc.) and digital signing techniques
- Experience with complex systems design and evaluating and proposing alternative software designs
- Experience with IBM MQ, Rabbit MQ, and Connect Direct
- Experience developing and supporting applications in Cloud Environments (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with functional programming languages such as Haskell, Erlang, Scala, etc.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop new functionality and perform defect fixes
- Assist in the support of RTP system by facilitating debugging and analysis of system issues
- Assist in defining and documenting support and troubleshooting procedures
- Work with Technology Management, O&T Operations as well as external clients to create and maintain detailed functional and technical specifications
- Complete tasks and projects in a timely manner
- Assist in training QA and Operations staff in functionality and operation of the system
- Coordinate and participate in Performance Testing and Disaster Recovery exercises
- Support Operations and resolve issues
- Assist on various team projects to ensure Continual Service Improvements occur within Development Technology
- Engage with other technical teams within TCH
- Triage, troubleshoot, and resolve escalated production issues on a complex mission critical application
- Perform root cause analysis of issues
- Develop runbooks for system implementation, shutdown, and recovery
- Support release implementation, infrastructure upgrades, and maintenance testing
- Provide training for production support teams
- Complete tasks and projects in a timely manner
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism and decorum
- Demonstrate effective teamwork
- Adhere to and support all Technology & Operations and TCH strategic goals
- Communicate effectively with internal personnel at all levels and with vendors and external clients
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Occasional travel between NY, NC and TX offices may be required. Remote work opportunity is available in limited areas.
TCH places paramount importance on the health and safety of its employees, and, as such, we are taking all necessary steps to protect our workforce. Because this position may require business travel and/or working in close contact with colleagues and other third parties, TCH is requiring that the employee hired into this role present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during their first week of employment.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.