The Business Analyst will be a key member of the TCH Application Development team. This position will work closely with the Product Management and Technology and Operations departments to collect, analyze, and document requirements for applications being developed or enhanced by The Clearing House.
The candidate will be responsible for documenting detailed functional and technical requirements, system documentation and user guides. S/he will also ensure that the resulting system or enhancement meets all requirements by assisting in the development of test cases and scripts. S/he will become a key subject matter expert on the functionality and operation of the system and assist in educating both internal and external users during the early stages of implementation.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst or equivalent experience in QA or development.
- Experience developing all types of system documentation including functional and technical specifications and end user and operations guides.
- Strong knowledge of software development SDLCs and PLCs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Banking and payments experience, especially knowledge of ACH, FED or CHIPS payments processing and formats, Settlement, Check processing and/or Check image exchange is strongly preferred.
- Experience leading a team on large projects.
- Proficiency in UML and developing Use Cases.
- Systems development and/or project management experience.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Management, Technology and Operations as well as external clients to create and maintain detailed functional and technical specifications.
- Ensure internal technology & operations teams and vendors fully understand the requirements.
- Develop traceability matrices and ensure coverage of all business requirements in the final system.
- Ensure adherence to TCH internal guidelines and standards.
- Develop external and internal facing system documentation (interface specifications, user guides, support manuals etc.).
- Work with the Business Intelligence team and outside vendors to define and test Business Activity and Business Intelligence monitoring, reports, and dashboards.
- Assist in defining and documenting support procedures.
- Assist in training QA and Operations staff in functionality and operation of the system.
- Review QA test plans and scripts for completeness.
- Maintain effective communications with internal personnel at all levels and with vendors and external clients.
- Complete tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism and decorum.
- Demonstrate effective team work.
- Adhere to and support all Tech & Ops and TCH strategic goals.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Occasional travel between NY and NC offices and possibly vendor or external client’s sites.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.