|Reports To:||Director, O&T Innovation & Strategy|
|Location:||New York, NY|
Position Summary:As a Data Engineer, you will work with a variety of data sets to design, prototype, and deploy analytical models, applications, and data visualizations for both internal users and customers. You will leverage your data engineering skills to transform raw data into analytical and statistical models, deriving meaningful insights and presenting business recommendations based on your results. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as product, technology, operations, and risk, to streamline data pipelines and to create automated solutions. You will use innovative technologies, including open-source software, AI and machine-learning libraries, and cloud-native analytics, to build scalable data platforms that automate and enhance the delivery of our new payment services.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in a scientific or quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, or Physical Sciences
- 2+ years of experience or equivalent in the data engineering/science field as a programmer, analyst, engineer, or scientist
- Hands-on development experience using programming languages, ideally Python, with statistical and data visualization libraries, such as pandas and matplotlib
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, and database query languages, such as SQL
- Familiarity using git code repositories and interactive editors, such as Jupyter notebooks, Sublime or VS Code
- Familiarity with cloud services for data management and analysis, such as AWS Glue
- Experience managing a variety of large-scale data sets on Linux, Windows or MacOS
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Any graduate-level coursework or degree in a scientific or quantitative discipline, with original research work using statistical methods, analytic models, or quantitative techniques
- Experience with machine learning concepts, algorithms, and tools, such as Amazon SageMaker
- Experience building data visualizations with business intelligence tools, such as AWS QuickSight or Tableau
- Experience developing Web applications with Java, Typescript and/or front-end UI frameworks, such as React, ideally leveraging real-time streaming events from Kafka or Amazon Kinesis
- An enthusiasm to learn and to teach others
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with other technology teams (Enterprise Architecture, Application Development, Product Management) to develop and execute the firm’s data strategy
- Leverage cloud-based services and other analytic tools to prototype and build applications and data visualizations that other employees, managers, and customers will rely on to make more informed business decisions
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Travel may be required.
TCH places paramount importance on the health and safety of its employees, and, as such, we are taking all necessary steps to protect our workforce. Because this position may require business travel and/or working in close contact with colleagues and other third parties, TCH is requiring that the employee hired into this role present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during their first week of employment.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.