Director, Enterprise Risk Management
|Position:||Director, Enterprise Risk Management|
|Reports To:||SVP, Enterprise Risk Management|
|Location:||New York, NY|
Position Summary:The Director, Enterprise Risk Management is a critical member of the Risk Office and is responsible for contributing towards the design, development and implementation of the ERM Framework in order to establish an effective risk based system to identify, measure, monitor, and control enterprise-wide risks. This is a strategic and tactical position, where the candidate will facilitate and lead interfacing with functional units to establish and communicate risk management methodology, processes, risk appetite and risk culture. Additionally, the role will involve extensive interaction with TCH’s external stakeholders, including supervisors and the Enterprise Risk Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 4-6 years of risk management experience serving as a subject matter expert in Enterprise or Operational Risk Management.
- 8-10 years of financial services work experience managing and implementing enterprise-wide projects, multi-tasking on projects with competing priorities, process decomposition and reengineering, risk assessments, due diligence, Operational Risk Management and/or Technology Risk Management.
- Proven experience in working with an ERM or Technology Risk framework in a dynamic and complex organization.
- Applied knowledge of operational processes and industry best practices in internal control, and risk management and assessment.
- Experience with RSA Archer or other GRC solution.
- Advanced degree such as Masters in Risk Management, or MBA in Finance, Business or a related field.
- FRM, PRMIA or other Risk Management certification.
- Technology and/or Information Security risk related certification (e.g. CISSP, CRISC, CISA).
- Experience working with IT risk frameworks such as NIST, COBIT, and ITIL.
- Experience in Payments and/or Banking related fields, including Payments or Banking Technology.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- As the second line of defense, provide thought leadership and constructive challenge to the first line of defense for risk related matters.
- Build, maintain and enhance business relations with department and business heads for the smooth implementation of risk management activities across the organization.
- Represent TCH at the internal and external risk committees, and to the supervisors, to provide periodic updates on risk matters.
- Help ensure the organization's risk profile as related to its activities and dependencies are in alignment with the TCH Business Strategy and Risk Appetite.
- Monitor and analyze risks within the company's business units and report on these risks to the internal and external risk committees of TCH, supervisors and other applicable internal stakeholders.
- Help drive the ERM team in identifying, assessing, monitoring, communicating and reporting risk profiles and matters to the applicable stakeholders.
- Ensure TCH’s Risk Culture is positively impacted through effective risk training and risk tools.
- Manage and develop junior team members and manage consultants as applicable.
- Support the Head of Enterprise Risk Management in implementing Risk Office goals for TCH.
- Work successfully in a collaborative and team-oriented environment which encourages diversity of thought and open debate of ideas, must possess sound judgment and have the ability to function in a respectful manner.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.