Director, Product Innovation
|Position:||Director, Product Innovation|
|Reports To:||VP, Payment Innovation|
|Location:||New York, NY, Winston-Salem, NC, or Dallas TX|
Innovation in payments is at the core of The Clearing House’s (TCH) 166 year history. In this modern digital era, TCH is focused on driving sustainable innovation in banking and payments in partnership with the industry, highlighted by the development of the first digital native payment system designed for the 21st century and beyond, RTP.
The innovation team at The Clearing House is responsible for working across the organization and industry to identify and foster new innovative concepts that help to propel the industry forward. They are looking for a Director of Innovation to join this growing team.
This role will be responsible for working with the VP of Product Innovation to ideate on new concepts, drive analysis on industry need and opportunity, validate concepts through Proof of Concepts and Pilots and work with the organization to drive a plan to implementation of approved ideas. A qualified candidate will have a proven track record of driving strategy in the product space and have a strong background in business and data analysis. They should be familiar with the principles of design thinking and understand how to foster ideas with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree
- 6 -10 years of experience across Product Management, Strategy and Management Consulting in financial services
- Strong foundation in business and data analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across different functions and seniority
- Strong project management and relationship management skills
- Team player
- Must be a self-starter, comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment
- Deep understanding of the payments industry
- 3-5 years of experience on a team driving innovation in the financial services industry
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to ideation, analysis, design and planning around new concepts
- Analyze and evaluate key industry partnerships as necessary to assist in the delivery of solutions
- Assume leadership role in the development of business requirements, business case, including estimated revenues and costs for concepts
- Prepare analysis on competitive landscape and industry trends as needed
- Manage partner development activities including proof-of-concepts and pilot activities
- Work with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders to help validate concepts and move the thinking of the industry forward
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking
- The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.