Director, RTP Product Development
|Position:||Director, RTP Product Development|
|Reports To:||SVP, Product Development|
|Location:||New York, NY|
Position will provide input to and assist in the ongoing development projects that will drive the success of RTP. Responsibilities will include developing relationships with internal and external partners to coordinate and drive successful releases of RTP product suite with bank participants and vendors. This will include creating and managing flow of release related information to RTP customers and vendor partners. Based on availability, position may also assist with other TCH product development efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of Product Management experience in planning, launching and supporting multiple product releases;
- Proficient in Word and Power Point;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate to both a technical and non-technical audience internally and at clients;
- Strategic Thinking – ability to evaluate a business problem, identify multiple functional solutions, present a cost/benefit analysis of each potential solution, and make a recommendation based on analysis;
- Presentation skills – ability to explain complex, detailed topics to senior management, when necessary to progress on a single development path; and
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, engineering, computer science, math, or other analysis-heavy field;
- 3-5 years’ experience in financial services, payments, or technology company in a Business Analyst, release management or Product Development role;
- Experience with payment products, operations, and technology;
- Experience documenting product requirements/specifications and operational processes;
- Experience working with ISO 20022 payment standards, or detailed experience working with other financial messaging standard; and
- Direct experience with implementation of RTP at a financial institution or third-party service provider.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assists senior management in prioritizing roadmap initiatives by understanding how requested features fit into the overall RTP platform roadmap and environment and logically grouping development activities into future releases;
- Ensures Product Team is meeting internal timelines and requirements per SDLC process and project plan for release;
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and executing plan for coordination of RTP releases with customers and partners. This will include publication of release schedule, integrating with internal release dates and tasks, external release process, release notes and drafting of any customer and partner communications/ operations bulletins. Will also be responsible for obtaining and documenting sign-off from marketing and legal departments;
- Reviews business and functional requirements that are used to guide development of key functionality for the RTP platform;
- Reviews business and functional requirements for applications that support the RTP system;
- Participates in UAT testing of RTP functionality;
- Provides documentation and training for key external stakeholders related to RTP release process and functionality;
- Communicates verbally and in written form with other technical staff internally and externally to explain business requirements and identify possible functional solutions;
- Serves as subject matter expert to support TCH and customer product, operations, and technology staff with questions related to RTP functionality and release process; and
- Ensure all professionalism/compliance processes are understood and followed.
- Timely and accurate completion of deliverables; and
- Adherence to management instruction and performance expectations including essential functions and success factors as described above.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Up to 25% travel
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.