|Reports To:||Director, Client Services|
|Location:||New York, NY or Winston-Salem, NC|
Position Summary:The Payments Operations Specialist provides support of the products and services offered by The Clearing House ensuring transactions are processed with the highest level of quality and in a timely manner. The role requires working on a set schedule that ensures 24/7 coverage for TCH customers.
The hours for this position are: 7:00pm-7:00am Sunday-Tuesday. Overtime and holiday hours may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business in related field or a minimum of 5-10 years practical work experience
- Relevant experience in Banking or Financial institutions
- Must be available to provide coverage when needed and available to work weekends
- Must have experience working in a Mainframe and Windows Distributed systems environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing time sensitive priorities
- Strong attention to detail to ensure firm policies and procedures are adhered to and regulatory requirements are met
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (must establish good rapport with internal and external customers)
- Should demonstrate a strong knowledge of clearing and settlement functions
- Operations background with firm knowledge of various trade processing, settlement, reporting and regulatory rules and regulations
- Maintain formal operations and procedural documentation
- Banking systems background in a batch and/or real-time
- Must have working business knowledge of credit/debit cards and related industry partners and processes, including card network standards such as EMV
- Apply knowledge of banking and EFT payments systems to assist clients
- Working knowledge of standard computer software, including MS Excel, Office and Word
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for executing all bank settlements and cut-offs
- Ensure all incoming inquiries are responded to in a timely and accurate manner
- Executed scheduled list of activities ensuring critical time-tables are met
- Provide functional support for all in house applications
- Respond to inquiries for NACHA and ECCHO standards
- Respond to settlement reconciliation inquiries for CHIPS, ACH, SVPCO, and RTP
- Procedural documentation review & maintenance
- Issue resolution on internal issue tracking system
- Support weekend testing when assigned
- Effectively handle application concerns with proper escalation to appropriate subject matter experts and management
- Maintain industry certificates
- Execute monthly reporting for management and customers
- Assist in ad hoc projects as assigned and new product launch operations support
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
TCH places paramount importance on the health and safety of its employees, and, as such, we are taking all necessary steps to protect our workforce. Because this position may require working in close contact with colleagues and other third parties, TCH is requiring that the employee hired into this role present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during their first week of employment.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.