|Reports To:||Assistant Controller|
|Location:||New York, NY|
Position Summary:The Senior Accountant will report to the Assistant Controller of The Clearing House. This role will perform a wide variety of general or specialized accounting functions. The position conducts financial entries and analyses and prepares accompanying reports. The Senior Accountant must have a strong understanding of GAAP accounting along with experience with Journal Entries and Software, including Great Plains and ADP. Strong internal control and risk mitigation knowledge required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Five years professional level accounting experience including the areas of general accounting, fixed assets, receivables, payables, depreciation, payroll and sales tax reporting
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and pronouncements
- Experience with journal entries and accounting software, specifically Great Plains
- 2-3 years of payroll experience, preferably ADP and working knowledge of related tax legislation and regulations
- 2-3 years of pension disbursement administration experience
- Budget and forecast experience especially related to compensation
- Experience with Ariba and Concur
- Strong personal and business ethics
- Strong knowledge of internal control and risk mitigation environment
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience providing audit support as required
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and other MSFT Office products
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Controls company account books. Sets up accounts, prepares journal entries, reconciliations and general accounting responsibilities;
- Classifies accounting documents to appropriate accounts to ensure accurate financial recordkeeping;
- Reconciles subaccount to determine the nature and extent of discrepancies; corrects or notifies supervisor;
- Develops and prepares detailed financial, cost, budget and accounting report, statements, and schedules; prepares analytical summaries and reports for management review;
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings;
- Assists company management in audits. May coordinate related documentation for external auditors and act as a contact point during the audit process;
- A/R and billing and collection and posting of receipts
- A/P coding and processing;
- Monthly and quarterly financial reporting;
- Monthly JE completion.
- Accurate entries, timeliness of work, positive relations with members and coworkers.
- Annual performance reviews and goals established between supervisor and incumbent.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.