|Reports To:||Assistant Controller|
|Location:||New York, NY|
Position Summary:The Staff Accountant will perform general accounting functions with an emphasis on processing and maintaining the accounts payable records of The Clearing House.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of 2 years practical work experience
- Knowledge of Great Plains and accounts payable processing is a plus
- SAP Ariba procurement application is preferred
- Knowledge of standard computer software, including MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist in month end closing and perform general accounting responsibilities.
- Code invoices and process payments
- Process and follow-up on rush items
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Review contracts functions
- Commercial rent tax
- Sales and Use tax
- 1099 preparation
- Assist company management in audits
- Special projects as assigned
Performance Standards:Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.