|Reports To:||Director, Testing|
The Testing Specialist’s primary responsibilities will include designing, implementing and analyzing results for certification requirements for application and infrastructure changes. This position will work with the technology teams to develop plans that will exercise the functionality of the various TCH services.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Candidate requires minimum 3+ years of experience performing testing support for internally developed applications
- Experience with windows based distributed systems, IBM MQ and connect direct technologies and Linux systems
- Must be detail oriented and organized in both thought and practice
- Must be able to communicate ideas, both in written and verbal, in a clear, concise and professional manner; including technical writing skills
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Strong attention to detail to ensure firm policies and procedures are adhered
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop certification plans that validate the business and technical requirements
- Develop certification results including pass, fail and defects criteria
- Document testing configuration requirements
- Work with technology teams on defects
- Interact with technology teams through development process
- Test new product software application or enhancements to existing software application
- Document testing results in detail and in line with department procedures
- Learn and understand existing company applications and supporting technologies
- Implement improvements in testing processes that reduce risk and drives efficiencies
Knowledge & Skills:
- Development of test cases and supporting documentation against requirements experience
- Ability to continuously enhance testing criteria and results reporting
- As directed, undertake additional duties and responsibilities that may arise from time to time
- Ability to build relationships, build consensus, negotiate solutions, and guide customers through their decision process is highly desirable
Candidate should be mature, collegial, self-motivated, extremely well-organized and detail-oriented, able to function under pressure and handle numerous tasks simultaneously. The position would be well-suited to a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is meticulous. S/he must be able to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently, as well as part of a team.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.