Vice President, ECCHO
|Position:||Vice President, ECCHO|
|Reports To:||Chief of Staff|
Position Summary:Role has oversight and responsibility for maintaining, modifying, and updating the ECCHO Rules, which serve as a framework for private sector electronic check exchange, while ensuring the universal fairness in the ECCHO Rules, transparency, and opportunities for input from all ECCHO members. As part of these responsibilities, individual in this role serves as the principal manager of ECCHO’s governance framework across its committee structure, managing committee proceedings while facilitating healthy member input, discussion, and consensus to effect rules changes. Position has responsibility for creating all meeting materials working in concert with team members and Legal Department and effectively conducting meetings that result in productive rules changes, but also ongoing education and industry discussion. Position also has responsibilities in continually maintaining and enhancing relationships with members, sponsoring organizations, prospective members and industry leaders. In concert with Legal Department, advocates for improvement, efficiency and risk mitigation across the check payments industry.
- 20+ years in payments industry, with check-specific experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- National Check Professional (NCP) certification preferred
- Self-reliant, self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to facilitate discussions and engage participants
- Solid analytical skills
- Outstanding writing skills
- Desire to continually enhance expertise
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong personal and business ethics
- Ability to work with all levels within an organization and assist
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Creating content, materials and managing approximately four Business Committee meetings, two Operations Committee meetings, twelve Exceptions & Fraud Working Group meetings and as needed Legal Working Group meetings.
- Collaborating with legal counsel to implement changes to ECCHO Rules and Commentary
- Working with the Operations Chair to conduct portions of Operations Committee meetings as well as bring ECCHO Rules recommendations to the Business Committee
- Facilitating various Working Group meetings towards consensus while enabling opportunities for input from all members
- Managing Working Group participation of direct members to ensure appropriate/fair participation through updates and communication
- Engaging in ongoing education to continually enhance understanding of ECCHO rules, regulations, the overall payments environment and related areas
- Monitoring the environment for potential rules changes from member input, regulatory change, technology advancement, etc.
- Facilitating prioritization of member-suggested topics/issues to address within the Working Groups
- Working with and advocating for organizations in check payments industry beyond the membership/sponsoring organizations of ECCHO, including prospects, solutions providers, trade associations, etc. to create a mutually beneficial environment
- Creating new content for and managing the publication and distribution of the ECCHO Rules books
- Answering problem scenario questions citing applicable rule/regulation/standard references
- Creating/providing presentations to the industry on new and/or complicated check topics and issues
- Representing ECCHO at industry events and groups like X9, RPA conferences, etc.
- Creating briefings/papers on industry issues
- Creating check-specific content for ECCHO marketing including content for ECCHO & CheckImageCentral websites
- Delivering productive Working Group meetings/materials with appropriate information on an as-needed basis
- A demonstrated ability to speak to the vast majority of detailed questions/problem scenarios including providing applicable rule/regulation/standard reference within same day, or in some instances, in a next day time frame
- Creating useful briefings in common language that can be read quickly that provide an overview of the issue suitable for payments management in large and small financial institutions alike
- Providing presentations at payments associations and other industry conferences on key check issues that leave participants knowing more and enthusiastic about check
- Increasing network of check payments professionals across the industry including participation in NCP certification program
- Represent ECCHO/TCH and improve check content and discussions at industry groups like X9
Physical Demands and Work Environment:Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Typical work environment is in office working at computer. Frequent travel and ability to transport and set up booth at conferences. Ability to occasionally lift 30 lbs. Ability to work while traveling.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.