DB2 Database Administrator
|Position:||DB2 Database Administrator|
|Reports To:||Vice President, Database Systems|
Responsible for the DB2 Database Administration within the Database Systems organization at The Clearing House.
- Collaborative focus with the ability to work efficiently in a high demand and fast-paced environment as a member of the DBA team;
- Experience in supporting critical 24x7 production transactional and analytical database environments on AIX/Linux platforms
- Extremely detail oriented with excellent organizational, communication, project management and analytical skills;
- Ability to think tactically, identify and quantify key processes\metrics related to the database while clearly articulating success factors and results effectively;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in process\program management and documentation.
- Deep knowledge in DB2 Advanced Enterprise Edition 10.5 (or later) Database Administration techniques and strategies in a High Availability environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or related area (or relevant experience) is required;
- Five to seven years of Database Administration experience in a DB2 Advanced Enterprise environment utilizing high availability / disaster recover features
- IBM Certified Advanced Database Administrator
- Dell Software Foglight
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Deploy new databases and database changes to support application processing;
- SME regarding database technology support addressing production incidents in a timely manner;
- Production incident support including after hours and on-call support as required;
- Provide 3rd party application support with relation to databases – testing, architecting and implementation enterprise solutions;
- Review, plan and deploy DB2 assigned product maintenance releases in accordance with prioritized lists of enhancements and defects.
- Assist in the DB2 architecture, design and prototyping initiatives.
- Maintain a customer centric approach with our internal and external clients on behalf of the Database Systems organization.
- Provide SME technology support of DB2 areas that addresses production incidents in a timely manner.
- Participate in technology strategy and planning initiatives respective to the TCH Database estate and enterprise landscape.
- Collaborate with the application development staff to implement new database technologies.
- Adhere to change management best practices in all deployments and database implementations.
- Provide SME support 7X24 and be a technical liaison for the DB2 platform across the TCH technology estate.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Must be able to view and comprehend information on a computer monitor
- Must be able to effectively utilize a PC workstation keyboard and mouse
- Must be able to work at a PC workstation for extended periods
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.