Payments Compliance Specialist
|Position:||Payments Compliance Specialist|
|Reports To:||Manager of Payments Consulting and Compliance|
|Location:||Winston-Salem, NC or Remote|
Position Summary:The Payments Compliance Specialist is responsible for the development and execution of contracted services completed both on site at member banks and credit unions as well as remotely where warranted. Services include ACH audits and risk assessments as well as other payments consulting engagements. S/he contributes to the development of self-serve materials for use by members and prospects related to payments system compliance. The Payments Compliance Specialist serves as a SME to augment the team responsible for development and delivery of education and other member benefits.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- 2 – 5 years of payments compliance and/or FI operations experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) with strong knowledge of the ACH payment system
- Knowledge of other payment systems including wire, check and credit/debit cards helpful;
- Other payments industry certifications : APRP, NCP and CTP desired;
- Self-motivated and ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Strong detail oriented, organized, and analytical skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Receives telephone and email inquiries and responds with timely support and/or solutions in order to provide top of the line customer service for our members and others.
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of payments-related audits, assessments and special consulting projects for the company’s clients.
- Learn, understand, and implement industry audit requirements and the company’s risk-based audit methodology.
- Travel to client work sites and professionally interact with client personnel to efficiently and effectively complete engagements.
- Identify opportunities to improve our clients’ payments and risk management operation.
- Represent the company with a professional appearance and conduct.
- Participate in review and modification of risk & compliance templates and auditor resources.
- Participate in internal education programs to ensure expertise and consistency of performance of compliance services.
- Stay current on rules and regulations relating to the risk and compliance services provided.
- Produce and deliver professionally written engagement reports within specified requirements.
- Serves as project lead for strategic priorities identified and assigned by the TCHPA VP.
- Travel required over the course of the year with some seasons heavier than others.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. Travel is required.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.