Senior Counsel, TCH Association
|Position:||Senior Counsel, TCH Association|
|Reports To:||Director of Legislative & Regulatory Affairs/Deputy General Counsel|
|Location:||New York, NY, Washington, D.C., or Winston-Salem, NC|
Position Summary:The Clearing House Association LLC is a 501(c)(6) entity dedicated to research, analysis, advocacy and litigation focused on the payment industry and payments-related issues. The Senior Counsel of The Clearing House Association supports the execution of advocacy on payment-related issues that impact the operations of The Clearing House Payments Company LLC, an affiliate of the Association that operates the largest US private sector payment systems, or that effect large banking organizations and the financial sector more broadly.
- Licensed attorney, preferably in NC, NY or DC
- JD from a well-regarded law school
- 6 or more years’ experience with at least 1-5 years’ experience practicing as an attorney working on payments-related matters in a highly regarded law firm, bank or regulatory agency
- Exceptional communication, research and writing skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
Qualifications Desired:Candidate should be self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented, collegial and able to handle numerous tasks simultaneously. The position would be well-suited to a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who is comfortable interacting with professionals at all levels of the twenty-five largest U.S. commercial banks (member banks) and the U.S. federal banking agencies. S/he must be able to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as part of a team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the execution of payments advocacy through the Association
- Research and draft, or oversee outside counsel drafting of, comment letters, whitepapers, blog posts, meeting decks, amicus briefs and other TCH advocacy documents for payments-related advocacy matters
- Analyze and summarize payments-related advocacy issue developments
- Participate in advocacy meetings with regulators, Congressional staff, trade association staff, think-tanks, senior bank executives and others
Physical Demands and Work Environment:Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.