Senior Systems Administrator
|Position:||Senior Systems Administrator|
|Reports To:||VP, Wintel Systems Administration|
Senior Systems Administrator to design, build, support and maintain the Wintel server infrastructure environment. Primary objective is to ensure the reliability and resiliency of TCH Business Systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and at least 10 years of experience in a Wintel Server environment
- Extensive knowledge of EMC Symmetrix VMAX storage solutions
- Extensive experience with VMware vSphere 5.x/6.x
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Experience installing, administering, and troubleshooting software and hardware in large, mission critical, 24x7 production environments, preferably banking or similar financial institutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, users, and all management levels
- Must be able to work as part of a team as well as alone with minimum supervision
- Experience with Windows Server patching and hardening
- Experience with Windows Server build automation
- Experience with VMware SRM, vRealize Operations, EMC RecoverPoint
- Experience with enterprise-class server backup solutions, preferably EMC Avamar & Data Domain
- Experience with Cisco MDS fiber channel switches
- Experience with Active Directory forest/domain models including GPOs and OUs.
- Experience with Microsoft Clustering
- Experience with Windows Server monitoring and management tools – SCOM, SCCM, Symantec AV
- Knowledge of HP Proliant DL and BL server family
- Familiarity with PowerShell script development
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Third Level production support for Microsoft Windows Server environment
- O/S Patching, Hardening, and Compliance
- Deploy and provision new physical and virtual servers
- Infrastructure Management Tools – support, maintain, and upgrade SCOM, SCCM, Symantec AV
- Server Contingency Testing - contribute to TCH DR/BCP validation testing efforts
- Comply with TCH Change Control standards
- Test upgrades of all server components - hardware, O/S, drivers, firmware, patches, etc.
- Server Documentation/Procedural Documentation - create installation instructions for Network Operations for server modifications in the production environment
- Audit Compliance - test and implement security settings to ensure server compliance with security and audit requirements; familiarity with industry standards such as NIST, ISO, CIS, PCI , and FFIEC
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- A letter of interest describing your experience and interest in the position
- Your resume
- Names and contact information of three references, or three letters of reference
* Please submit a single application per position.